Become a Member
Join with others who share New Jersey’s earliest roots.
Descendants of Founders of New Jersey welcomes to membership any adult woman or man, 18 years of age or older, who can document descent from a founder of New Jersey prior to 17 April, 1702 in any area which is now in the State of New Jersey, and who subscribes to the objectives of the society. The application fee is $25 and Life Membership is $100.
A list of qualifying ancestors who have been documented “so far” as a basis for membership can be found in our eBook or in our online database. However, the list is not comprehensive. Thousands of other founders of New Jersey await interested descendants to document and share their stories, Check our publication Founders of New Jersey: First Settlements, Colonists and Biographies by Descendants, Third Edition, or our online database on this website for further New Jersey genealogy leads.
- Members of the Descendants of Founders of New Jersey continue to maintain an active connection to their early New Jersey roots from near or far.
- Members have the opportunity through our “members only” page to discover “family relationships.”
- Members can share or expand the stories of their ancestors through our publications.
- Members enjoy presentations from entertaining and informative expert speakers at Society meetings.
- Members have access to the Society’s growing historical and genealogical data base.
- Members have the opportunity to contribute to the documentation of the history of New Jersey.